Orchardy Haven is an experiment in sustainable and eco-friendly living and learning. It is an 8ha neglected old farm in north east Poland, purchased in September 2011. There are several aspects to the project:
- To convert the dilapidated farm house to an eco-house.
- To grow food and other useful crops on the surrounding land using the principles of forest gardening and permaculture.
- To involve friends and volunteers creatively in the whole process.
- To embody a culture of open learning: we're learning, we're inviting others to learn with us, and we can teach and be taught by the people who come and interact with us.
- To develop the barns to provide volunteer/visitor accommodation, craft workshop facilities, and to meet the needs of the farm.
- To create a ceramics workshop and other facilities for traditional crafts.
- To build on opportunities that come out of these activities and our other skills to provide financial sustainability for the farm and our family.